Nouvelle discussionNouveau message Derniers messages Recherche forum
Un seul message     - NEW YORK (AP) — Top Mets prospect Peter Alonso was finally in uniform [7468]
Douhua2233
26-02-2019 à 04h14
NEW YORK (AP) — Top Mets prospect Peter Alonso was finally in uniform at Citi Field on Wednesday www.redsoxproshops.com , just not as part of New York’s active roster.Alonso was honored on the field as the Mets’ minor league player of the year about two weeks after New York frustrated its fans by declining to promote him to the major leagues.Alonso’s agents Adam Karon and Tripper Johnson said at the time it was “disheartening” that Alonso wasn’t among the club’s September call-ups, and Alonso said Wednesday he was “disappointed.” Alonso and the rest of the Mets minor league honorees spoke to reporters during a 5-hour, 35-minute rain delay of a game against Miami that began at 9:45 p.m.The Mets said they were concerned about finding Alonso playing time at first base. The team also would have had to add him to the 40-man roster and start his service-time clock.“I have to just trust the process,” Alonso said. “I’m just going to use that as motivation to get better for next year.”The former University of Florida slugger hit 36 homers and led the minors with 119 RBIs across Double-A and Triple-A. He discussed the Mets’ decision this week with team executive Omar Minaya — part of a three-man group leading New York after general manager Sandy Alderson stepped away earlier this season.“He said it was just, it’s nothing, pretty much it was just a business decision, an organizational decision Ted Williams Jersey ,” Alonso said. “I respect that. I’m just going to keep continuing to get better.”The 23-year-old Alonso will begin play in the Arizona Fall League in early October. He’ll face some of baseball’s top prospects there, then go into spring training hoping to crack the major league roster.Among Alonso’s objectives in the meantime will be improving his defense at first base. He thinks he’s made drastic improvements there, and the Mets have heaped praise on his efforts to sharpen his glove work.He spoke Wednesday about the big league dreams he developed playing ball in the backyard with his dad. He got a taste of that this week, taking batting practice and grounders at Citi Field.For now, though, he’ll have to settle for just a sneak peek at life in Flushing.“You get to a point where, I’m lucky to be playing Jim Rice Jersey ,” he said. “I know it’s going to happen. It’s just, I need to continue to get better and just keep proving what I can do.“There’s always a, ‘What if?’,” he added. “I think the organization is, I have to go along with what they’re saying.” TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — The Los Angeles Angels hope Shohei Ohtani recovers from Tommy John surgery in time to join their batting order by May.The AL Rookie of the Year had Tommy John surgery Oct. 1 to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. The first player to hit 20 homers and make 10 pitching appearances in the same season since Babe Ruth, Ohtani is not expected to pitch this year but the Angels would like to have his bat in the lineup.“We’re thinking May www.redsoxproshops.com , sometime in May, but that’s assuming everything goes well,” new manager Brad Ausmus said Tuesday. “This is new territory. We’re dealing with a guy who DH’s on a regular basis and is a starting pitcher. It’s new territory in rehabbing a Tommy John surgery, and we want to protect him long-term being able to do both. If we have to push it back, we’ll push it back.”Ohtani has been swinging without hitting a ball. He has yet to hit off a batting tee, Ausmus said.“He’s going to want to get on the field quickly because he wants to compete,” Ausmus said.NOTES: The Angels also are monitoring Albert Pujols‘ return from left knee surgery on Aug. 29. The first baseman had a debridement Christian Vazquez Jersey , during which damaged tissue was removed.“Albert is doing everything right now,” Ausmus said. “We’ll have discussions with him on how he’s feeling regularly.”

Anonyme, 20 msg, (USA-12).
Alerter [10674]
Un seul message     - NEW YORK (AP) — Top Mets prospect Peter Alonso was finally in uniform. [7468]
retour en haut de page Messages récents
répondre dans cette discussion